Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Lord Gives & The Lord Takes - Yeah Right (part 2)

A few days ago I was talking about how some people in Christian circles use Job 1:21 to make themselves feel better, by attributing to God the fact that He "takes away". I stated that God is good, and the devil is bad, and that we should use John 10:10 to interpret when things are happening in our lives so we can rightly determine who is causing the problems.

This morning as I was reading my Bible, I came across this Scripture in Job 3:25. Here is what Job was saying (this is the amplified version): "For the thing which I greatly fear comes upon me, and that of which I am afraid befalls me." All Scripture is given to us as an example to show us how to live. So anytime I find a Scripture like this one, it makes me stand up and take notice.

I get nuggets of wisdom on facebook from Creflo Dollar, and this morning I found it really interesting what he had to say, I saw it just minutes after reading Job 3:25. Listen to this:

"Fear has no place in the life of a believer. It simply contaminates our faith. By meditating on the word daily, and speaking faith filled words, we shut the door on fear and paralyze the enemy. Remember God has given you love, power, and a sound mind- which when applied will cause you to live a fearless life."

Fear. This is what caused all of Job's problems. You might say, it was the devil. And that would be correct, but how does the devil get entrance into our lives? Through fear. The devil can only mess with our lives, IF we let him. And he does that by getting us to agree with his thoughts and saying them with our mouths. That's just what Job did, look at Job 1:5: "And it was so, when the days of their (his children) feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually."

Again, what is it that the devil does? He plants thoughts in our minds in the hopes that we will agree with it, and by doing that he gets the ability to mess our lives up. I can see it, Job's kids start having parties, and the devil starts to place thoughts in his head. It probably went something like this, "My kids are over there partying and living it up. I hope they aren't cursing God right now. I've spoiled those kids, I wonder if they're even serving God at all. I don't know, I better make a sacrifice for them just to be sure."

If the devil can get us to fear, to second guess what we are doing and just begin to run our mouth with those thoughts that he places in our minds, then the law of the Kingdom comes into play. You will find that law in Mark 11:23, whatsoever things you believe in your heart, and say with your mouth you will have.

Let's keep faith filled words in our mouths, and when the enemy's thoughts come (and they will come be assured) cast those down (2 Corinthians 10:5) and take no thought saying. Remember the devil can only do what you allow him to do in your life. Jesus has deprived him of any power over us, unless we give it to him. Fight on, fight well....

No comments: