Friday, October 22, 2010

God Moments Are Awesome!

Yesterday, I was able to actually go into work in the afternoon, so I had a little bit of time at home to spend with God. I like those times where I can just sit down with Him and talk over everything that is going on.

As it was a warmer day than I would prefer, I decided to find some shade in my back yard and sit down to talk with my Father. I looked around, and found that the shed in my back yard was shaded in a perfect way if I opened the doors and sat on the floor, with my feet resting on the ramp that leads up to the inside.

I opened the doors, sat myself down and had the most amazing thought. This must have kind of been how it was with Abraham when God showed up that one day and talked with him. The Bible says in Genesis 18:1 "The LORD appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day." That's kind of what it felt like to me, sitting there in the entrance to my shed.

I spent a while there, talking with God, you know getting things lined out, asking Him to forgive me for those things where I'd missed it, and just really enjoying the presence of my Father. It was a great time, that while only lasted minutes seemed to do more for my soul than hours of rest and relaxation could have done. It truly is wonderful to be a child of God.

If you have never experienced that peace of being in the Father's presence, then I would highly recommend it. There is nothing like it, absolutely nothing...of that I can promise you. Strength and honor for the Kingdom and the King!

No comments: