Monday, June 27, 2011

Where Did That Come From?

I was talking to a customer this morning, and she asked me to do something which I have a policy against doing. When I explained the policy, she bowed up on me. Well needless to say, that didn't go over really well with me, and let me just state that I didn't handle myself in the most Christian of manners. But before you think I've sinned and completely blown it, everything that happened was internal with me, and she never even knew. After she left, I repented to the Lord for my internal struggles and asked Him, "Where did that come from Father?"

How about you, have you ever had someone rub you the wrong way? How did you handle it? Did you walk in the love of Jesus, or did you let your flesh rule the way you responded? I will say that today apparently my flesh had a little better grip on the reigns of the direction my life was going, and not my spirit. Yet one more chance to come to realize that I haven't arrived in my walk with Jesus.

I remember once a man saying that when our emotions are low, our intelligence will be high. Conversely, if our emotions run high, then our intelligence will be on the lower end of things. I had an opportunity to learn this the hard way once with another customer. She had purchased several pair of shoes months earlier and brought them all back. For whatever reason it really ticked me off that day, so my emotional output was at an all time high. I refunded her money, without looking at the ticket and inadvertently refunded more money than she actually had paid for the shoes originally. Talk about feeling like a lunkhead.

Sometimes when things like this rise up inside of us, we should stop and take an inventory of what's really going on. I like to ask God, "What's that all about? Where did that come from?" and then take a little time and wait on His voice to speak to my heart. Several times there has been a revelation in my heart about something that has gone on in my past that never fully was resolved. So I go back to that, ask Jesus to forgive me, or I forgive the person that wronged me and healing comes and a little bit more of my heart is restored.

Things happen to all of us. We face trials and tribulations daily, but remember what Jesus said, "Be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world." (John 16:33) This passage of Scripture used to bother me. I would say, "Well that's all good for You Jesus, but I'm still here." Then the Holy Spirit showed me that if I would stay "in Christ" and walk closely with Him, then I would be in Him and as He overcame the world, so I could as well.

Stay close to Jesus friends, let's get out there and whip something for the Kingdom today!

No comments: