Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Everybody Wants To Be Somebody

I was thinking about how I really have a strong desire to make an impact on this planet for Jesus this morning, when I came across this picture on Facebook with the caption, "Help is on the way." My good friend Justin Kila is on his way to Cambodia to help bring freedom to at risk children and prostitutes. It is an interesting ministry, you can check it out here.

One of the main thoughts that I was having, was how I believe that everyone wants to be somebody, and make an impact. They may or may not want that impact to be about Jesus, but I feel this is a powerful motivation in everyone. No one wants to be a nobody, even if that is how they feel about themselves and how others see them.

When I say that I want to be somebody that makes an impact on the planet, I'm not saying that I want to be a millionaire (Although I wouldn't say no to it.) or anything. I have this drive inside that wants to make the world a little better place. It's like in the movie "Kingdom of
Heaven", Balian is shoeing the horses of Sir Godfrey his father when one of the knights points at the Latin phrase, "Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem." and asks, "What does that mean? Balian responds, "What man is a man who does not make the world better?"

Making the world better should be the work of every person in their life. If we would all do just a little bit to improve the world we live in, we would see such a massive change it would shock us. The real problem as I see it, is that there are just a few people doing the majority of the work. The rest either don't see the importance, are just too busy, or they are just selfish. I'm not judging here, just trying to open some eyes to see that if, just if everyone would their part, we'd live in a much better place.

What about you? Do you want to be somebody? Do you want to make the world a better place? If so, then start where you are, do a little something today to make the world better, and in the process you will make yourself better as well. Well there's that, get 'em up folks, let's go out and whip something for the Kingdom of God today!


No comments: