Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What To Do?


What do you do when you've been standing on God's Word and then something comes along and seemingly takes the wind right out of your sails? It is ironic that there is a storm brewing tonight where I live. I say that, because I got a phone call a little while ago telling me that my Pastor has gone missing once more. So there are two storms really brewing, one is an atmospheric disturbance that will indeed last a short while and then be gone. The other, we don't know when it will be over, because when it comes to things in the spiritual realm, we just don't have that kind of clarity.

Right now I can only imagine what is going on in the minds of his loved ones, and those who belong to the church that he started thirty years ago. I know that for me it is a mixture of shock and dismay. I believe what I prayed tonight, that just as God showed the prophet secrets that the enemy king spoke in his bedchamber, He would show someone the whereabouts of my Pastor. I believe my God answers prayer, and this time is no different.

But what do you do in a situation like this? First off, you stay in faith trusting that God is at work. What the enemy would love nothing more right now is to just get people scared and talking about things that they know nothing about. The facts are that he left yesterday around noon on his motorcycle and no one has heard from him since. But remember that as Christians, we fight the good fight of faith. And that is the fight to believe what God's Word says is true regardless of what any circumstances may try to say to us.

We're in a storm right now as a church, no doubt. But Christians were never promised that they wouldn't be in a storm, just that they would come out on the other side of it better than when they started. So cheer up my friends, keep the faith and don't let the enemy beat you down. Keep praying, but more importantly keep praising God for the safe return of our Pastor!

No comments: