Friday, June 3, 2011

Are You A House Of Prayer, Or A Den Of Thieves?

I had another odd thought this morning on the way to work, let me share it with you. You may know the story of when Jesus went into the temple and ran out the money changers, and those who sold doves. You can find it in three of the Gospels; Matthew 21:13, Mark 11:17 or Luke 19:46. It is an interesting story, and one that shows the zeal of the Lord. But what I want to look at is this on a more personal level.

When we become born again, Jesus takes up residence in our hearts. Our bodies are referred to as the "temple of God" now. (1 Corinthians 6:19) Well if that is true, then what is inside of our temple? Are we a house of prayer, or are we a den of thieves? I think it bears looking into, don't you? Are we in fact doing what is right with our temple, or are we using it for things other than what God designed for it?

I guess what I've got to do in my own life is take a hard look at what is on the inside of me, and if I find things that are contrary to God's Word, or things that I know the Father would not like me doing, then I need to do what Jesus did in the temple and run those things out. Anything that the Holy Spirit reveals to me I need to be honest and take a long hard look at how I need to rid myself of that hindrance to making my temple God's house of prayer.

How about you? Are there things in your life that maybe need to be removed? Are you willing to take a hard look at them and make the necessary adjustments in your life? I hope so. Well there's that, let's get 'em up folks and go whip something for the Kingdom!

No comments: