Friday, June 10, 2011

Are You Tolerating Stuff You Don't Have To?

I was blowing my nose for the umpteenth time this morning when I thought, "How long am I going to put up with this?" Now I don't know if that was me thinking that thought, or if it was by inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Either way, it is something that I want to ponder today.

In the Bible there are so many promises from God that belong to each and everyone of us. Now these promises are rightfully ours, but they don't just fall on us by chance. We have to appropriate (To take to or for oneself; take possession of.) each and every one of the promises. The thing I think is so awesome about this, is that God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:33 - 35). That tells me that it is not who I am, what I have or my social standing that have anything to do with me getting what is mine from God.

I just have to use faith. Faith is the key to receiving anything from God. The Bible clearly states that without faith it is impossible to please God. So I'm thinking, "How long am I going to put up with my sinus passages flowing?" Not any longer. According to 1 Peter 2:24, Jesus took those stripes on His back to purchase my healing. In other words, He took the punishment for sickness so that I wouldn't have to. I don't have to tolerate sickness any longer. I'm promised victory, so I will walk in victory today!

No more sinus issues, no more snot as of this moment I claim the healing power of the Lord Jesus Christ over my body, and my body must line up in accordance to God's Word. In the Name of Jesus, I, AM, HEALED! Thank You Father for providing this for me. How about you, are you tolerating things in your life that there is victory promised to you in God's Word? Step out in faith believing that what the Bible says is true and then go about your day thanking God for your answer. It is yours the moment you pray, just stay on the Word and don't back down until you get your victory!

Well, there's that folks. Get 'em up, let's go whip something for the Kingdom today!


2 comments:

Franny Lowry said...

Thank you my friend for reminding me of this. I think we try and strive too much to get answers from the Lord. For me, I feel like if I'm not trying so hard that I don't deserve what the Lord does give me. This comes back to one of my core stuggles of not feeling worthy. That's one I sure am tired if dealing with!!

Thanks again for posting this, I do enjoy your blogs. Tell your fam hi from me.

Mark Wilson said...

Amen brother! I often read your blogs and have never commented. but this one is a good reminder that we have what we say, and I say that I am healthy, among many other things!