Saturday, May 7, 2011

Thirteen Years Culminating With A Graduation

Today is the day that thirteen years of hard work (mostly on the part of my bride) will culminate with my oldest child graduating from High School. It has been an amazing journey, filled with many ups and downs. I am so proud of both my son and wife, they have reached this milestone without any visable scars or being maimed in any way.

For those of you who have ever home schooled your child, you will realize the pain, effort and sacrifice on the part of the parent doing the teaching. I am truly amazed at what my bride has accomplished as she is the one who did the teaching. My job was to be the principal and as my friend Joe McGee said, "To come home at night and rub balm into their wounds, and get them ready to go at it the next day." While funny, it is true.

Micah is a very fine young man, and I am so proud of what he has accomplished and what he will continue to do after today. God has amazing things ahead of this young man.

No comments: