Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Youngest Son Learns Life Lesson the Hard Way

Today, my youngest son learned one of life's lessons the hard way. We have kittens at our house, and they have reached the stage where they like to climb up inside of our vehicles tires and hide. So we have to count the kittens before we can leave, so as to not accidently kill any of them.

Well today, they kept getting into my truck tires, and my youngest decided to put them in the garage so that when I left for work, they would be safe. While he was doing that, he was closing the garage door (manually, because it's broken). As the door was coming down, Ameile came running out of the garage and my son let go of the garage door and reached for the kitten. When he let go of the door, it began to fall rapidly. Before anyone could do a thing the heavy garage door landed on our little kitten, killing him instantly.

My children were devastated by this, and Noah especially as he was the cause of the little kitten's death. We assured him that it wasn't his fault, that it was just a horrible accident. I went on to tell my other kids to not give him a hard time about this, as he was already feeling awful. That is just what the enemy would like to do, beat him up through the words of his siblings and parents.

I'm saddened by the loss of the kitten, but more so at the innocency of my children. Deaths of pets is a hard thing to take, even if it is the way of life. I hate that a little bit more of my children's innocence has left their hearts. It was a tough lesson for him to learn, but now I hope that he understands just how precious life is and how quickly it can dissapear.

Strength and honor.......

No comments: