Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What's that all about?

So I'm at work yesterday and today. I'm busily re-running the merchandise in my store so that I can make room for yet another shipment of new stuff that seems to come through my doors like a flood, when in comes a customer. Great, stop what I'm doing, greet them making all the usual small talk to try and engage them in a conversation, you know the basics of selling 101.

The reply is, "No thanks...I'm just looking." So I tell them to let me know if I can help them. Help them, that is what my sole desire in life is....to help others, but do I get to do that on a regular basis? No. And the reason you ask? Because I'm too busy trying to keep the store running.

Whether it is stocking shelves, the sale racks or even trying to work on my store's website, there is always something to do and it's getting me to the place where I want to scream. Now, I'm wanting customers to figure out just what they want, let me sell it to them and get them out so that I can go back to working stock, or making ads or even just trying to clean my desk. (something that hasn't been done in almost 1 1/2 years).

I'm really at my wit's end and don't know what to do about it. Hire someone to help me, yeah sounds good, not in the budget right now. Take a day off, again sounds good, but that only happens on Sundays and about once a month on Saturdays. I just really don't know what I'm gonna do....and then it hits me....just like Jimmy Stewart's character as a young boy does in the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" when he sees that sign that says, "Ask dad...he'll know what to do." I think, why don't I ask the Father?

Okay, so now for those of you who are more spiritual than me, a phone call with that information would have been nice....LOL...so I think I'll post this and go ask my Dad what He thinks....because after all He knows what to do.....strength and honor........

No comments: