Thursday, April 10, 2008

Is it strange that I enjoy being alone?

It is now just about time for me to go home, pick up my oldest son and race off to Sand Springs to take him to Praise & Worship practice. It will be a couple of hours of waiting and reading a book. Truth be told, it is something that I actually look forward to, because it gives me an hour or so to just be by myself, something that happens less and less now that my three children are growing up. Don't get me wrong, having a family is an awesome thing, and something that I would never change, but I really do enjoy my time alone with my thoughts.

I just got the latest book by John Eldredge, "Walking with God" www.walkingwithgod.net and it is phenominal. It is really an awesome read, and I have decided after finishing it yesterday morning that I would start reading it again and working in the study guide. So tonight will find me with my book, study guide and journal and a cup of coffee....and we'll see where that takes me. I'm really enjoying my conversations with God, so tonight's alone time probably won't really be alone.

No comments: