Monday, April 14, 2008

What's in my heart?

The sun is shining outside, but what is in my heart? Is it the sunshine, or clouds? Do I choose to be positive or negative today? After all, that is the one thing that God has given each of us isn't it, the power of choice?

As I open my shoe store today, what will my first customer be like? Will I be helpful to them, or will I choose to be self-absorbed to the point where I'm no help at all? The choice is mine. (It is actually 3 hours after I opened my store, and I chose to help my customers)

So while I could do like that Carrie Underwood song "Jesus Take the Wheel" says, "Jesus take the wheel..." and leave it all up to Him, that is not what I see written in the Bible. It says that I have the power of life and death in my tongue. I have the power of life and death, not Jesus has the power of life and death. So that tells me that I have a part to play in this day to day story that is my life.

Besides, if I let Jesus take the wheel so to speak, and things don't work out so well in my day, it sets me up to believe that God's heart towards me is possibly not good. But if I take ownership of how my day is going to be, then my walk with the Father God is good no matter what kind of day I have.

Just some thoughts....so strength and honor....

No comments: