Thursday, April 10, 2008

Grey Days in the Kingdom

As followers of Christ, we have an incredible Father who loves us very much. We have access to Him anytime that we need Him, and He has provided for everything we may ever have need of. He knows our beginning from our end, and only has good for us.

Okay, so if that's the case why is it that some times I feel that I'm living in grey days in His Kingdom? I pray, but the words seem to just fall back to earth. I read God's Word but it seems to leave as quickly as it enters into my thoughts. I speak words of love and affection to my Father, yet He seems elusive. What's that all about?

I think I found the answer, and in the most unlikely of places, The Lord of the Rings. In the great battle that took place on the Pelanor fields, before Sauron's troops could lay seige to the capitol city of Minas Tirith he had to take Osgiliath. And before that could be achieved, he had to cover the land with a haze to blot out the sun. After all, most of his evil minions couldn't move in the daylight. It was here that I found the truth of this greyness.

The enemy that we face, the devil, you remember that guy that goes about like a roaring lion seeking whom he can devour. Well his works are dark, and it seems to me that these grey days of the Kingdom might just be him at work trying to block out the "Son" Jesus. If he can keep the light of the glorious Gospel from shining, then his demons have room to manuever.

So then, we see the enemy at work, what are we to do? It is at this point we must make our stand. We have to cover ourselves in the blood of Jesus, dress ourselves in the armour of God and draw our sword and charge the fields like the Rohirram charged Pelanor fields. Don't wait for the enemy to come you, charge the fields take the battle to him and you will see the grey days of the Kingdom fade into the glorious light of our Lord and Saviour.

Strength and honor.....

1 comment:

El Jefé said...

Thats really good stuff man. I too feel like there is an overcast at times. Yesterday being one of those days. Thanks for the encouraging words.