Thursday, April 10, 2008

Movie Soundtracks....The Motion Of My Life

What music inspires you? For me, it's always been movie soundtracks. Not the kind of soundtracks that use contemporary music, but the actual movie scores. There is something about all those instruments blending together that just sets my creative juices flowing.

For the last few weeks, I've been praying a prayer that I got on CD from the Ransomed Heart Ministries. www.ransomedheart.com It's called the "Morning Prayer", and it really helps to center me in the knowledge of who I am in Christ, and what I can do in Christ for the day. I usually listen to it on my Oakley "Thumps" http://oakley.com/pd/4685/15319 while I'm on my way to work . Right after the Morning Prayer finishes playing on my Thumps there is a song from Pirates of the Caribbean ~ At World's End soundtrack called "Up is Down".

There is something about this song that makes me want to rise up and face the day with a renewed sense of vigor. The music playing makes me want to draw my sword and face down the enemies that would assail my heart. Those foul spirits that want to steal my joy and cause my potential in Christ to not be at it's fullest.

You know those spirits, those little foxes that do nothing but try and spoil the vine so to speak. The thoughts that come throughout the day saying, "What you're doing doesn't matter." "You'll never be able to accomplish what Jesus wants you to." "Why would anyone want to be your friend?" Those lies, that while they may seem true at the moment, in the Light of the Gospel we know are really just that....lies.

While there is probably nothing super spiritual in listening to soundtracks, they do tend to motivate me to a better place in Christ, and that I guess is not all that bad....so, if you don't own any soundtracks, may I suggest you go out and buy some and see what they stir up in you.

Remember, fight against the darkness, it's our destiny to work with Jesus to destroy the works of the enemy, and bring deliverance to the captive hearts....and in the words of a great leader Leonidas, "Strength and Honor"!

No comments: