Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Life Is Worth Living, Ain't It Grand?

What does the title of my blog stir in your heart? Do you find yourself agreeing with it, or perhaps it causes foreign feelings or an attitude of resentment? Why those feelings I wonder? Could it be that you think that a life worth living is for the other guy and not for you? I'm here to tell you that life is worth living, and it is for anyone who is willing to reach out and take it. But you will have to take it by faith.

Faith. This word is not a descriptive word to let people know which denomination you belong to, like, "I'm of the Baptist faith." No, faith is actually a spiritual substance. Scripture states that faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen. Yet so many times people will put the blame for why their life is not where they want it to be onto God. They will say things like, "If it's God's will, then my life will be better." That way if things don't go the way that they want, they can blame God and say, "Well, I guess it wasn't His will, that's why I don't have this life worth living."

Okay, let me say right here and now that if you don't know what God's will is for your life, then you need to start reading the Bible, because this is where you will find the will of God. Also the Bible says that faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God. Now isn't that amazing? Faith is what we need to operate and have that life that is worth living, and it comes by hearing the Word of God. I think we've found a clue to why some people have a better life than others.

One thing that has always bothered me is to hear people make excuses for their lives. If only my childhood had been better, I'd be in a better place. Or if I could catch the breaks that other people do, I would be able to increase my life. Those are all excuses and they need to stop. God says that He is no respecter of persons, which simply means that he doesn't like one person better than another. What He will do for me, He will do for you...IF you access it by faith.

I hope that you haven't felt that I was picking on you or anything. The one thing that I know about myself is that I love to encourage people and to help them grow in their walk with the Lord. My desire for you is to taste and see that the Lord is good, and in order to do that sometimes we have to think about things that are a little tougher. I hope this has helped you, I know it has helped me.

Strength and honor for the Kingdom and the King.

No comments: