Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 A New Year...Just What Does That Mean?

Well another year has come and gone. It seems that when I was younger there was a whole lot more excitement at the prospect of getting to see another year come in. This year was spent with my bride in bed not feeling well, and me on Facebook farting around and playing Farkle. This may actually make us officially old coots.

As I sit at my computer this morning, drinking coffee and going through my morning rituals, I looked out the front window to see a beautiful dawn. I thought to myself, I've got to blog on the first day of 2012 and began to think about the various things that I might expound about in an effort to help others as well as myself. And I came up with nothing, nada, zilch.

A new year can be exciting, but it can also be filled with dread. I think that this year I'm going to go with exciting because truthfully, it's more fun. The Felts family has some pretty cool stuff on our horizon this year. In less than two weeks my oldest child Micah will board an airplane for the distant land of Australia. He will be attending Hillsong School of Worship for a year. This brings me great pride in him, but also will be a new thing for us as he will officially be an adult and out of our house.

This summer my daughter April will spend working with futureVision Ministries and leading people to the Lord. While this is a great thing, and I am excited for her to begin the journey that God has laid out before her, I will miss my little girl this summer. Which leaves just Cheryl and me living in a house just the two of us. Now while this will allow me a little freedom to live in or out of clothes as I see fit, it will be an adjustment for the both of us. This will be the first time in almost 20 years that we have been alone without children in the house. (Pray for Cheryl please.)

I did accomplish something that has been on my bucket list in 2011 by writing and publishing my first book. A 280 page book designed to be a transparent look into who David Felts is, and hopefully which will help you come to find out things about yourself as well. If you don't own a copy you can order one here. (And yes, that is a shameless plug for my book, but I want to sell a lot of them you know.)

In 2012 I am planning on a new book that a musician friend and I will collaborate on. Right now I think it will be a devotional type book with music accompaniment. This book will come with it's very own music cd too. I'm excited to begin this project, and will blog more about the process later.

Oh, and one of the most exciting things I'm looking forward to in 2012, The Hobbit in theaters. Okay, so I'm a geek I know it, what are you looking forward to? All in all, I am excited about the prospect of once again having a new year and all that it holds with it. Change is on the horizon for the Felts family, big change, but we will embrace all of them with the Lord Jesus's help and see where it brings us this time next year. Strength and honor!

No comments: