Monday, January 23, 2012

Anticipation


This commercial for Heinz ketchup from my youth reminds me of where I am today. What do you do when you have to wait for something? I know that patience is a virtue, and it is something to be developed in my life, but I don't want to wait. How about you? Do you like waiting for something? What do you do when you have to wait? How do you handle it?

I've been waiting for something in my life to happen for about a week now, and truthfully the longer I wait the less likely it seems it's going to happen. Now, I know it will, but the longer I wait the more impatient I seem to be getting. I guess I'm like a kid waiting to open his presents on Christmas morning, I'm sitting there looking at those gifts but I've been told to wait until after we have breakfast to open them up. Cooking bacon and eggs never took so long.

And that is the crux of it right there, it's all in our perspective of how we see things. We perceive that it is taking a long time, even though it really isn't. Time doesn't stand still, no matter what we actually think. The children of Israel had to wait on Moses to come back down from the mountain, and the first time he went to speak with God they didn't do so well, and it cost them. So maybe a little anticipation is a good thing, letting it develop patience in my life can't be too bad a thing now can it? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Strength and honor for the Kingdom and the King!


No comments: