Thursday, January 12, 2012

What Are You Preparing For This Year?

It's the beginning of another new year, things are already moving quickly as we approach the second week of 2012, and I'm encouraged to think about what I'd like to see in my life and that of my family this year. We were told by our pastor on the first Sunday of the new year that resolutions are not a bad thing, because even in Scripture we are encouraged to write our vision for our life down and make it plain so that we can run with it.

This basically is about setting goals for your life, and this is something that I have not been really good at, but am wanting to change for this year. There are things that I want to do this year, but if I don't get them on paper and look at them from time to time I will once again be at the end of the year looking back wishing that I had done more.

There is nothing wrong with planning, I think where most people miss it is that they think they have to plan things that they can actually do, not just dream about things that may look impossible. I love how Jesus said that God is a God of the impossible. When things look to me as if there is no possible way, Jesus says to me, "Don't try to do this in your own power, with man things are impossible, but with God all things are possible."

All things are possible with God, let that sink in. I mean if you knew that you could not fail in the things that you wanted to do, what things would you do? Would you risk anything, or try something that perhaps before you thought unattainable? I know that for this year, I want to write another book. But if I don't write down the steps to getting there, I'll just have a pipe dream instead of a reality.

What things do you want to do with your life this year? Dare to dream, ask God to reveal to you some things that He wants you to do, and then find something that there is no possible way you could do in your own power and believe God to help you with that. He is the God of impossibility after all, and more importantly, He wants to help you.

I don't know about you, but I'm going to begin to dream today of things that I have not considered a possibility before, and put my faith in God's ability and not my own. Because when I put faith in my own abilities, that's when I fail. Thank You Jesus for inspiring me through my pastor and friends to reach out for more in 2012. Strength and honor for the Kingdom and the King!

No comments: