Saturday, July 9, 2011

How Will You Be Thought Of, Or Will You?

In 2 Chronicles 21:20 it says, " Jehoram was thirty-two years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem eight years. He passed away, to no one's regret, and was buried in the City of David, but not in the tombs of the kings." How would you like that said about you? That you passed away, to no one's regret? In the words of George Takei, "Oh my."

I don't know about you, but I want to be well thought of once I've passed on. I'd hate to find out that only a handful of people showed up, and that they only did so because they felt like they needed to be there for my family's sake. Wouldn't that be an awful thing?

I guess that begs the question then what do we do to keep that from happening? How are we living in the here and now, and what kind of influence is our life having on those around us? I think this needs to start at home personally. If we aren't loving those around us well, then how could we possibly be loving anyone else?

This goes back to the thing that Jesus taught, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind. And love your neighbor as you love yourself." If we love God first, and our neighbor second, then everything else will line up in the way that is should. With everything the Lord shows me, it all goes back to love. If we will love well, then we will be loved well. And when you are loved, then you won't be like Jehoram, who passed away to no one's regret.

Let's love well people, loving others just as we ourselves wished to be loved. Get 'em up folks, we've got a world to love out there...


No comments: