Saturday, January 29, 2011

Writer's Block and the Frustration It Brings


There are times when I want to write like you just can't imagine. I mean I feel an idea begin to form upon my mind, and I'm ready to start writing things down for all of posterity. And then it happens, the words that so quickly came to my thoughts vanish like wisps of smoke through my fingertips.

It is in these moments that I wonder why God gave me this ability to put thoughts together into the written form. I find writing to be very therapeutic. In a way it helps to focus the ramblings that travel inside my brain, and brings understanding to me as well.

Yet in those times when the words seem to fail me, I sense a fleeting moment of uncertainty and wonder why I even try. Then like a flash the words will return and I start writing again. There is almost a love/hate relationship with this, but I so love to write that I continue to go on with it even when writer's block and frustration come knocking on my door.

Get 'em up folks, let's go whip something for the Kingdom!

No comments: