Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Day?

I may be blasted for saying this, but I really don't like the holiday Valentine's Day.  I am supposed to show my bride how much I love her by purchasing chocolates, flowers or the latest gotta have gift.  It's almost as if I need to buy her love for another year.  Don't get me wrong, I love my bride very much, but I work diligently to show her on a daily basis, not just once a year because the card industry is pushing cards.

Valentine's Day is a holiday which only makes me feel like a loser.  I am forced year after year to improve the way I show my wife how much I love her.  And with the advent of social media, now I'm not only forced to improve on what I've done, but I must compete with every other man who has bought a gift for his girl.  Yeah that helps.

I want my bride to know I love her, really know it.  It's for this reason I get up and go to work every day. I clean the kitchen, do laundry, take out the trash and occasionally fill up her gas tank.  It's doing these things which shows Cheryl I love her. Don't misunderstand me, Cheryl likes gifts and I like giving them to her. I just want it to be my idea and not something I'm forced to do in order to look like a great guy.

I will continue to do my best to show Cheryl she is the only girl for me, whether it be with gifts or acts of service.  The only thing is it will be my idea and no one else's.

Strength and honor for the Kingdom and the King!

No comments: