Thursday, August 18, 2011

How Sharp Are You?

Hebrews 6:11 - 12 "Our great desire is that you will keep on loving others as long as life lasts, in order to make certain that what you hope for will come true. Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent."

There is one thing that God thinks is more important than anything else, besides loving Him with all your heart, and that is to love your fellow man. Paul states it in this passage that we are to keep on loving others as long as life lasts. Well seeing that we are spiritual beings, that is a very long time huh?

The thing that I found interesting in this passage today however, was that while he is admonishing us to keep on loving others, he explains that if we will do that, then we won't becoming spiritually dull and indifferent. Spiritually dull? I don't know about you, but that doesn't seem like the thing that I want to be known for.

If we stop loving people, then we are in danger of becoming spiritually dull and indifferent to the things of God. This is a dangerous place to be because once you become dull to something, it ceases to amaze and stir your heart. I don't know about you, but I don't want to get to the place in my life where I am not amazed at the things of God anymore.

So what I saw here this morning is that if I want to stay sharp spiritually, I'm going to have to continue loving others as long as my life lasts. It's like loving people is the wet stone to sharpen your spirit, and keep it from getting dull.

Let's keep loving people, and never stop so that we can stay spiritually sharp towards the things of God and not grow dull and indifferent, what's say?

Strength and honor for the Kingdom and the King!


No comments: