Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Do I Believe, Really?

In the past couple of weeks I have found myself in a position to ask this question of myself. Do I believe, really? Not that Jesus is my Lord, that question was answered nearly twenty-five years ago, and has no need to be questioned at this point in my life. No, what I'm talking about is do I believe what I've been telling people for years?

I think we all come to a point in life where we are faced with situations that call for us to reevaluate what we are believing. To ask that all important question, "Do I really believe what God's Word says is true?" Now understand me, I'm not doubting God at all, but some times we can find ourselves in a comfortable place with God, and just be coasting in our walk with Him. We're not in sin, but we're also not in a truly active pursuit of Him either.

I was talking with a friend recently, and I made the comment that I felt as if I was full of crap. He asked me why I felt that way, and my response was that I have been for years helping men to realize their potential in Christ, and now I am in a position to have to not only talk the talk, but to walk the walk myself in a greater way. He quickly told me that I wasn't full of crap. And I actually know that, it was the enemy trying to get me down on myself. (Something that he is really good at too.)

While I might not like being in the position that I am in right now, it is a good thing for all of us to rethink why we believe what we believe from time to time. If nothing else, it helps us to stop coasting and to get a little bit more real with God, and that is never a bad thing I think. So ask yourself, what do I believe, really? And why do I believe that? Then make any corrections that you need to, and see what more the Lord has for you. That's what I'm doing!

Strength and honor for the Kingdom and the King!

No comments: