Friday, February 25, 2011

The Battle Is The Lord's


I was just doing my daily internet purusing, and the thought came to my mind, "The battle is the Lord's!" I don't really know why that entered my thoughts this morning, is it a warning, or just a random thought placed there by the Holy Spirit to get my mind moving in a certain direction? Let's find out.


My dear Lord Jesus, I come to You now asking for Your guidance, and direction. This thought of the battle belonging to You, is that some warning for me today? Is there a battle that I might take up that I need not to? (pause & wait) No David, it is not a warning, I just want you to think about how when battle does come, that it is not yours, it is Mine to take on. Oh, you may in fact have to stand and watch the chaos of it swirl around you, but the battle is mine. Your job is to speak My Word and stand your ground. I will do the fighting. Remember what the Word says, "The Lord is a warrior, the Lord is His Name." I am a warrior, and I will war for you.


Cool! I like that, "You may in fact have to stand and watch the chaos of it swirl around you, but the battle is mine." That may in fact be the hardest part to do, stand your ground. I know that in the past I have wanted to jump in there and help Jesus out when situations have arisen that weren't the greatest in my life. I usually had to go back and try and fix things that were messed up because I didn't let Jesus do what was important.


I guess that I needed to remember that, and now I will. Thank You Jesus for speaking to me this morning, you rock Dude! Let's get 'em up folks, and go out and whip something for the Kingdom today!

No comments: