Thursday, March 12, 2015

Waiting Room Reflections

I find myself once again sitting in a hospital waiting room while my bride undergoes the knife. This time she is having surgery done to her left knee to repair her meniscus and have something else done which requires cleaning or some other blah, blah, blah. Medical jargon is not my strong suit, nor do I pay attention very well it seems.

During our married life, Cheryl and I have been to the hospital for numerous trips, most of which have been for her, so I have often found myself sitting in waiting rooms of one sort or another.  It gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "waiting on a woman".  I've been in waiting rooms for her while she dealt with kidney stones multiple times (all during pregnancy with Noah), when she messed up her knee once before and of course with each of the kids being born, with the exception of when she forced me to watch the c-section for April's arrival. (I saw more of Cheryl than I ever wanted too that time).

Suffice it to say, I have had plenty of experience in waiting. Thankfully I'm easily entertained, and I don't mind being alone. The best waiting experience I had however was the kidney stone trips. This is because St. John's hospital has the best greasy cheeseburger ever made. I always waited until they wheeled Cheryl out, then made a mad dash to the snack bar for a double cheeseburger, fries and Dr. Pepper.  Wish I had one of those now.

So waiting isn't all bad, and it's interesting listening to the people sitting here too. One thing which amazes me is how unaware people are of their surroundings. What I mean is, they talk and act like they are the only ones around. You learn an awful lot about people and their families if you listen. And what is sad is you don't have to strain very hard to hear what they are saying because they are SO loud. I really wonder about people some times.

Well the waiting is almost over so time to finish this, strength and honor for the Kingdom and the King!

No comments: