Monday, February 16, 2009

Hidden Meanings...




This morning on the way to work, after having had a great breakfast with my Mabookie friend Terry, I found my mind kind of wandering as I listened to the voices on my radio. I looked up at a stop light to see an older Lincoln Continental sedan in front of me. As the trunk was directly in my line of sight, I noticed that the key cover for the trunk was ajar.

Well that got me to thinking. Isn't that cool how they took something as ordinary as a key hole and covered it up using the car manufacturer's logo. There it was in front of me something that was suppose to be hidden, but in plain sight for reasons totally unknown to me.



I wondered about other things that use hidden aspects and found a picture on the internet of a hidden doorway that you can purchase to put into your house to hide a certain room from view. It looks like an ordinary bookcase, but if you know the secret you can move that bookcase and enter the room behind it.


What this really did in my thinking was to make me ask myself if I have any of those hidden type of things in my heart? Is there part of me that I keep hidden from others, perhaps including myself? And more importantly, how many of these hidden rooms do I have that I am trying to keep hidden from my Father God?


I'm pretty sure we all do it, you know put on the good face for those that we see every day. No matter what we are actually feeling, we just go into that secret room and close the door to our attitudes, feelings or whatever and put on that face that we think most people will want to see.


I know that I do this often, and especially it seems when I go to church. I don't know why I feel that I have to be perfect for my brothers and sisters in Christ, because if there is anyone who should love me without reservation it is them. Of course, I should be loving them that way as well, but it is hard to do that from behind that hidden doorway.


Why is it that we seem to put up a front hoping that people won't get too close, when what we crave as humans is fellowship? I mean the thing that I need the most to survive is good, solid relationships with other human beings, but then I try to keep everyone at bay? I kinda feel like Paul in the Bible when he said, "I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing."


I think that I have several hidden rooms, perhaps even hidden right now from me....it is time for me to get out of the hiddeness of my heart and seal off those hidden rooms for good! Strength and honor...

No comments: