Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I Saw The Heart of the Father This Morning...& It Ain't Good

Today, I was afforded an opportunity that I've not had a lot of. I saw into the heart of my Heavenly Father, and I'm still trying to reconcile what He said.

My day started off like many others, I was up at 6 am, made a pot of coffee, asked the Lord where He wanted me to read in my bible today, and then did just that. After reading (and a small nap) I poured a cup of joe, and got out The Silence of Adam and picked up where I left off with yesterday's reading. An hour or so later, I made some rice, had breakfast got ready for work and left calling two friends on the phone as I drove to work. I wanted to ask them some questions about some stuff coming up in the ministry that I'm heading up.

Anyway, as I finished the phone call, got out of my truck and walked to the front door of my store, up from my spirit I heard the Father say, "Why don't you talk to Me about things?" "You spend all morning reading, and preparing, yet you don't talk to Me, unless you need something, or have some answer you need. Why don't you just talk to Me?" It was almost as if He was saddened, not scolding...which was actually probably worse....

I've been thinking about this comment that He made to me this morning, and I'm reminded of a husband and wife talking and one of them trying to get the other to engage in conversation with them. I have totally let the Father down....I know that He loves me and I'll work through this with Him, but I just wanted to put this out there as a way of reminding all of us to not get so busy doing the Christian thing that we forget the Author of the Christian thing and spending time with Him, just being ourselves and letting Him be who He is....strength and honor for the Kingdom.....

No comments: