Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The New Year...2009 A Time To Shine

Hello there. It has been 2 months since my last confession...no wait, I'm not Catholic...it's been 2 months since my last blog post, yeah that's it. A lot has happened since November 2008, but I won't bore you with all of those details. Suffice it to say, a lot happened, and I am now so glad to know that 2009 is here.

My good friend Terry called me a few days before 2009 had officially arrived and told me his new 2009 phrase, "It will all be fine in 2009". We had a laugh, mainly because he wanted to be the first to coin that phrase before anyone else did. Okay so we both have a weird sense of humor. Anyway, a few days later, I was thinking about it and thought hey I've got one, "2009 A Year to Shine".

I love the beginning of a new year, because it is so full of possibilities, and wonder at what the new year will bring. It's like getting to have a "do-over" like when you were a kid playing games with your friends. So I've begun to think about how I have once again another chance to shine as a man for God.

God definately knows what He is doing right? I have to remind myself when I make mistakes, and brother do I make some dousies sometimes, that God knew what He was doing when He put me here at this time in history. I am not an accident that just happened as a by-product of my parent's love for each other. God had a plan, and that plan included putting me here on planet Earth at this point and time, to accomplish what He would have me to do.

It's like the beginning of all those stories that we love to read and watch. In the beginning....that's what a new year brings, a new beginning. Now what am I going to do with that? For that matter what are you going to do with it? Squander and waste it, or do the most that you can with the time you are given and impact the world around you for God. I for one choose to do as much in 2009 for God as I possibly can...for me 2009 is a time to shine.

Strength and honor for the Kingdom.....Shalom.

1 comment:

Mallory said...

So, I laughed when about the catholic thing.

You and your jokes dave felts..you and your jokes.